Monday, August 17, 2009

Mato Medic 21/1/42 - 17/8/09 Rest in Peace Dad

My father passed away earlier this evening. He finally lost his battle with prostate cancer.

They tried to inject him with something that would numb his leg because of the agony this caused him and it seems trying to bring him some pain relief finally brought him peace.

His body couldn't handle the double anaesthetic he received and according to the Dr that performed the procedure "he had a lack of oxygen". There are still many questions to be answered.

Dad I am so sorry, I thought this would bring you pain relief and a better quality of life for the short time you had left. I didn't realise that your poor, ravaged cancer ridden body couldn't cope with it.

I love you so much and I started this blog in honour of you. I will never give up the fight on prostate cancer and palliative care so that others may be treated better than you were.

No comments:

Post a Comment