Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Not satisfied with the care your loved one is receiving in Palliative Care?

I have received a few emails with stories of unacceptable practices in palliative care facilities in Australia.

This includes: Not feeding patients who are too weak to feed themselves, leaving them in their own excrement as well as nurses not providing the care they should in these facilities.

For those that emailed me. I am very sorry to hear this, I have certainly witnessed this in at least one Palliative Care facility my father was in.

We won't change anything until our voices are heard. I encourage you wholeheartedly to contact the Palliative Care Association in your particular states and share your experiences with them also.

http://www.palliativecare.org.au/

No comments:

Post a Comment